Wednesday, July 27, 2016

29/07/2016 - Bug fixes & Small Change

Hi there,

Thank you to everyone who's helped me track down or reported bugs! I managed to fix a couple, but I didn't manage to reproduce all of the reported issues.

Small changes
  • Character creation can now be skipped if you view the mirror after having done so once already
  • Going with the Engineer's suggestion for the city will no longer lock you out of the mansion (New)
  • Victory is now prioritised over defeat (New)
    • This means if you and the opponent both land a finishing blow, it will count as a victory for you
    • In this case you will end up with 1HP
Fixed
  • The bestiary book in the library should no longer crash the game
  • Inspecting the library after having already done so should no longer be possible
    • This would result in crashing the game
  • Impossible to level up stats, clicking "increase" does not do anything
    • Fixed this, along with a few other Internet Explorer related bugs
  • Current and unlocked (but inactive) companions are now saved and loaded properly. (New)
    • Unlocking the Shoggoth and then loading a save where you didn't have her would still give the player the option to switch to Meira as a companion. This was because the list of unlocked companions wasn't overwritten when loading a new save.
Reported but could not reproduce
  • After a certain (amount of) action(s), the game freezes or the screen doesn't update!
    • If you get this error, please try to reproduce it before reporting. I'm sorry for the inconvencience, but it might just be the host timing out. If the project does well, I'll invest in a better host.
  • The slime girl sewer scene says I'm male, but I made a female character
    • I reproduced this once, and afterwards it's been fine for me. I don't know what's causing it, but I'll keep an eye on it.
Thank you again for the amazing support. Let me know if you encounter any more issues with the game!

Sincerely Yours,
JV

5 comments:

  1. In terms of the stat level-up bug, that may be browser specific. I can reproduce the error when playing on Edge, but stat-up works fine when I play within Chrome.

    I did run into a bug when asking the Blacksmith about what should be done with the flooding, the "Leave" option at the end of the dialogue seemed to break something and I was stuck in her shop unable to leave it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it was specific to Internet Explorer. On a technical note, Internet Explorer doesn't like default parameter values in functions. Atleast not the way I did it. It was just a small change, luckily.

      I tried to reproduce your bug with the blacksmith, but would you mind trying again? It may have been the server timing out due to increased load. If it happens again, please let me know!

      Delete
  2. the game frezzes after the first day 0:00. the text above map say you are going as usual but all other options stuck ( map, display text and the choises)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to make it unresponsive twice today. Once at level 5 and another time at level 7. Both times I got this error:

    TypeError: can't convert undefined to object

    ...th[_0x1857[331]](Math[_0x1857[330]]()* Object[_0x1857[216]](_0xff65x1)[_0x1857[1...

    game.min.js (line 1, col 82860)

    The error repeated every time I tried an action (like moving).

    I did a search and found that piece of code in the "Toolbox" function, if that helps any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think anybody would level up that high, that's some dedication!

      I wasn't able to reproduce, being able to level up to level 7 without any issues. Do you remember when exactly it stopped being responsive?

      Thank you though, I'll keep an eye on this.

      Delete